Monday, November 26, 2012

Orange Creamsicle Fruit Dip

Pin It
New recipes were tried this Thanksgiving week ...... I call it "Thanksgiving week" as it seems all we do is eat for that whole week.  With hunting season over for another year, Thanksgiving thrown into the mix and all the company that has been present off and on at our home .... well let's just say a lot of food was eaten, wine drank and the conversation flowed long into each evening.

Wanting something 'fresh' and different, I spotted this new fruit dip that was posted by Six Sister's Stuff.  Loving orange creamsicles in the summer ...... well this just had to be made!!


Strawberries were not looking all that hot last week at the supermarket but oh my .... I can just imagine how this dip would taste with strawberries.  

Apples, bananas, cantaloupe, bananas and grapes were lifted to new heights when dipped in this delightful, refreshing twist on an old favorite.


I had always made the standard fruit dip recipe, you know ... cream cheese, marshmallow creme, lemon juice and jello ..... this recipe follows along the same lines but adding the fresh squeezed juice from the orange and the grated orange zest .... well ... you just have to try it for yourself.  It is THE BEST!


Ingredients

1 (8 oz) package of cream cheese
1 (7-8 oz) jar of marshmallow creme
1/4 cup fresh orange juice ( I used the juice of a large orange and it was more than enough)
2 tsp orange zest (using the same orange from the juice)
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
any fresh fruit for dipping ... cut into bite size pieces

Directions

Beat cream cheese and marshmallow creme until smooth.  Add orange juice and vanilla extract.  Still well then fold in orange zest.  Chill until ready to serve.

This recipe was definitely a winner and has been added to my recipe book.  What's your favorite fruit dip recipe?  I love trying new ones!  Remember to give your loved ones a hug.

7 comments:

  1. No salt. No fats. No sugars. That's what my diet is supposed to be and everything that it hasn't been this week! This fruit dip sounds great!!!! Maybe I will eat more fruit as long as I have that dip around. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's one tough diet there Leslie! I sure enough a lot more fruit with this dip and although it does have marshmallow creme in it, I tell myself that the orange makes up for it! I hope you enjoy it!

      Delete
  2. I don't have a recipe for fruit dip, but will try this one. It looks great. Stopping over from Melinda's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Buttercup, I am so glad you stopped by!

      Delete
  3. I had to do a double take when I saw my name above.

    I bet this is really yummy! Great for the holidays.

    M :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, too funny, I bet you did a double take! Thanks Melinda, if you like orange taste, it is great.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading all of them. Have a wonderful day.

Debbie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...